Thursday, November 1, 2007

Pumpkin Parable

Traditionally, we try to carve a pumpkin every year. We always use the "Pumpkin Parable" as we carve it. This year Mason led our family and the Trindles as we carved. It was our Family Life Group Lesson. Here's the parable if you would like to use it next year! (If I would update my BLOG on a consistent basis; you could have used it this year. Sorry! Just bookmark this for 2008!)

1.) Open the pumpkin top. Reach in and feel the "yuck" inside. This is just like the sin in our hearts.

2.) Clean out the "yuck." This is what Jesus does for us and the reason He died on the cross.












3.) Light a candle and place it inside. Put the top back on. Jesus puts His light inside of us, but others can't see it unless...




4.) Carve a happy face. Jesus' light can shine forth when we show His love to others.















5.) Light candle and place inside of carved pumpkin. Always let the JOY of Christ show through to others as you share His light with the world.





Sorry for the late blogging! I've been busy with life. I am trying to keep the BLOG as chronological as possible. This is the best I can do currently. You may be seeing our pictures from Oct. 31st around Thanksgiving! Arghh!! Life is so busy!

However, I'd like you to know about my friend Tracie who CONSTANTLY updates her BLOG! If you want updates pics of the kids and me...well, you should probably read her BLOG! She is several weeks ahead of me! HA!! Oh, well... Amy saw my pigtails on Tracie's BLOG first! (I am full of BLOG envy!)

Amy - remember doing the Pumpkin Parable on the beach in Wild Dunes? A VERY preganant Ansley and a VERY skinny Amy rolled that GIANT pumpkin onto the sand! Ha-ha! Seriously, our beach pumpkin carving is always my first thought when we do this with the kids! What a wonderful memory! Love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Robin, those are times I will never forget! You, Me, Ansley, the kids! I miss you lots! Amy