Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving Preparations

Yesterday, I spent most of the day in the kitchen...making preparations for Thanksgiving! Becca, my wonderful friend and incredibly healthy cook (I couldn't resist), came over so we could cook together! She made her famous Sweet Potato Casserole - Yum! And, she even cooked a Chicken Casserole so we could have it for dinner! So, sweet! I made several other things, and we basically did a "Casserole Exchange!"
The plan was to save the Sweet Potato Casserole and take it with us for Thanksgiving. However, when Reid and the boys saw it on the stove - they insisted we have it for dinner with the Chicken Casserole. We did! They loved it! So much for saving it! It was delicious! It was a lifesaver after the Calamari!

Mason was also a helper in the kitchen yesterday! This year, Mason wanted to make something for Thanksgiving. He wanted to make it completely by himself without any help from Mom. He chose to make Spinach Dip as an appetizer. However, the recipe calls for chopped onions. I thought you would all enjoy seeing how Mason accomplished this task!

These pictures were not a "set up." Mason REALLY went to put on goggles to chop the onions b/c his eyes were stinging. I grabbed my camera after he grabbed his goggles. He even got a second pair of goggles b/c the first ones were hard too foggy. Notice them in the second photo? Hilarious! I couldn't stop laughing! (Does anyone remember "Google Man?")
I know you are all wondering what the other boys were doing while we were inside cooking. Well, I looked into the backyard and the boys had started a FIRE! Yes, they thought it would be fun to burn the leaves they raked up! It's a little frightening to look out your window and find an unexpected bonfire raging in the backyard! Oh, it is always something exciting with our boys!
Okay, I've got to go get everything ready for Thanksgiving! I hope all of my friends out there have a wonderful day celebrating God's incredibly blessing of bounty on their lives. Please know that we will be counting you all as people we are thankful for in our lives! You are a blessing! We send our love to you all on this special day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved hanging out with you & the boys! Maybe we can make Preparation Day a tradition...

Mason said...

You just had to mention the fact that I was wearing goggles didn't you? Don't worry I'll get you back!

Mason

P.S. Did you realize my captalization?