Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Welcome To Our Crazy Family, Nicole

My cousin, Sam is getting married on Dec. 22nd. Last night we enjoyed a family bridal shower for his fiancee, Nicole.
My sister Wendy worked really hard to make the night special, and memorable for Nicole. Wendy had decorated the table with roses in bud vases and rose petals. Under every napkin was a quote about marriage printed on vellum paper. It was very sweet!

Wendy also worked to come up with a "theme" to help welcome Nicole into our family, by giving us all the opportunity to share. She asked all of us to bring something that was special to us in our newlywed days or from our childhood. Nicole received lots of different gifts. She received scrapbooking supplies (to always remember the happy times), fuzzy soft blankets (for cuddling on the couch), a breakfast tray and waffle mix (for breakfast in bed), a RED Plate (a Franklin family tradition for recording special occasions), a HUGE bag of cookbooks that all belonged to her grandmother (for learning how to cook Sam a yummy meal), a photo album full of childhood pictures of Sam made by Mamaw, and her sister surprised her with a "Lambchop" stuffed animal that was Nicole's as a child. She was so embarrassed.

I, of course, couldn't decide on one thing. (I am sentimental and my love language is gifts...narrowing it down was hard for me!) Here's what I came up with...I gave her a book, "A Marriage Without Regrets" by Kay Arthur (to help them build a strong foundation), a candle holder and candles (for lots of romantic candlelight dinners - before children), a First Christmas Together ornament (because I love hanging ours on our tree and Sam's mother, Kathy, gave us one for our First Christmas), personalized stationary with their new names on it (I loved anything with my new last name on it), and I made her a Wedding Countdown magnet for counting down to the Big Day (to let her know we would be counting down with her)! It was fun thinking of what to get, and why it would be special!

Nicole, we are excited for you and Sam. I pray God will richly bless your marriage and that your love will be sealed for one another through the love of Christ. We look forward to many happy years and many happy memories with you and Sam. Welcome to our crazy family!


P. S. The personalized stationary was the hit of the night. My friend Tracie made it. She has some great designs, so click here if you would like to see what she can do! She is so creative!


No comments: