Thursday, November 29, 2007

Ley Park??

This is it - my final post from our Thanksgiving holiday in Sumter. Yes, I know it is my ISXTH blog - I thought I could do it in five. Oh well, enjoy going to Sumter with us!
Last Friday, we went on a scavenger hunt to find a "special brick." (We needed Ted's GPS system. but we made do. Haha!)
Seriously, one of Reid's teammates purchased a brick for him. It sits outside of Riley Park in Sumter! He has a place where his name is set in stone...literally!
We arrived and searched and searched for it. As the rest of us were ready to give us, Weston's eagle eyes spotted it! He saw it before the rest of us! Way to go Weston!
Is that Spiderman? No, it's my silly boys laying on the ground trying to look like Spiderman! Would you have guessed?

The name of the park is Riley Park. I took this picture, and Reid said, "Why are you taking that picture?" I said, "To get a sign of Ley Park." He laughed and then told me that two letters had fallen off the sign...the "R" and the "I."

Finally, to me this is a neat picture. Reid with his Dad. His Dad watched him play at this park and even announced a few games here. How special to have the two of them together here so many years later! Thanks for taking us Reid. It was really special for me to see this!


2 comments:

Under the Raisner Roof... said...

That is so kool! Funny about the spelling!

Anonymous said...

hey. i know we havent talked in a while but i found your blog page and ive read all the updates. the boys are getting so big especially my braden. i miss them so much. tell him hi for me if you get a chance. i wanted to show you my latest project. travis and i are making christmas presents for each other this year so i decided to do some scrapbooking. it was good to remember all the memories as i looked through my ghana book. anyways i hope you like it.
just copy and paste these into the search bar and they should come up.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff307/vomitingpig/DSC00327-1.jpg?t=1197533755

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff307/vomitingpig/DSC00328-1.jpg?t=1197533796

its an accordian photo album so the front is the smaller picture and then it unfolds into the bigger one. hope to talk to you soon. miss ya and love ya.

love,
karissa