Sunday, November 25, 2007

A Thanksgiving Afternoon of Football

After our wonderful meal, we all headed outside for an afternoon of football. The boys loved throwing the ball with their Dad and Grandaddy! Unfortunately, I didn't make it outside with the camera while Grandaddy was there. Here's a few pictures of the boys enjoying their afternoon!

Franklin is "always on the go!" He tried to play football, but didn't make it very long because of how he was feeling. Here are two pictures of him playing.


These two shots are more representative of how Franklin felt over the weekend. He was covered in hives (calamari), and he really wasn't himself. By Saturday, he was feeling better and running around a LOT more than the two days prior.
Weston spent Thursday afternoon riding Braden's scooter. He loved getting to ride on the flat streets of Sumter! He rode around and burned off his Thanksgiving turkey calories!


Mason loved the opportunity to throw the football with Reid. The two of them enjoyed tossing the ball throughout the afternoon. Mason and Franklin can both throw the ball well after their first season of football. They really enjoy it!
(Braden wanted to be in the picture!)
Reid enjoyed being "all-time quarterback." This is typically his title when the kids have a game! I've decided one of my greatest pleasures in life is watching Reid play with our children. What a blessing! It always brings a smile to my face! He is an incredible father to our boys!

Braden refused to be left out of the fun! He climbed on a stump and insisted on throwing the ball with Reid. He actually did quite well! I love to see him trying to do the things his big brothers do! He loved it!





After the game of football, everyone headed inside for more Thanksgiving football! We joined Grandaddy and watched a few games on the tube! The boys learned all of the Aflac and Geico commercials by heart! It cracked me up!

So what did I do while all of this was going on? I watched and enjoyed everything happening in front of me. I also took a few pictures - obviously! I handed the camera to Braden for this shot of me. It was a great afternoon seeing everyone enjoy being together and play with one another. What a wonderful way to spend Thanksgiving afternoon! This truly is one of life's simple pleasures!

1 comment:

Under the Raisner Roof... said...

You are such a dedicated blogger! I do read all your blogs. Sorry i don't comment on all of them. My camera is being repaired, so I don't have any photos to share, but I may be able to post some older ones. We'll see what I can come up with. Do you remember the splish splash day at the church years ago? I wouldn't dare put those photos on would I? Love, AMY