Sunday, November 25, 2007

Sick, Sick, Sick - Four out of Four

I looked at a few of my posts from last week. I think I wear a "MASK" when I am blogging. There were some bright spots in my week, but overall, last week was a HARD week for me! However, when you look at this BLOG you would think "all is well in Beebe Fairyland!"

Last week, I spent a night in the Emergency Room with Weston. He was battling Croup which had turned into Stridor. He could NOT breathe! I called the pediatrician's office at 2:00 am. The Nurse-on-call listened to Weston over the phone and said, "Take him to an Emergency Room right away. He needs to be seen immediately!" It was a little frightening to hear. Reid stayed here with the other three boys, and I headed to Children's Hospital.

On Monday, Franklin began running a fever. Therefore, I had two sick boys to care for...and finish all of the preparations for Thanksgiving. By Wednesday afternoon, fevers were gone, but Franklin was covered in HIVES! (Read the post about Calamari!) His HIVES lasted from Wednesday morning until late Friday afternoon. He was not himself on Thanksgiving, because he was doped up on Benedryl. He was pitiful.

Although I took a picture of his HIVES, I decided not to post it b/c you would feel like you were looking at a medical journal. Trust me, it was BAD!

Our Thanksgiving weekend was great and the boys' health was good. Upon heading home, their health took a nosedive!

We decided to come back home to Knoxville yesterday. We should have started on the road in the early afternoon but we had to watch the entire Tennessee vs. Kentucky football game. Tennessee pulled it out - Yippee! However, it took them FOUR overtimes to do it! Therefore, we didn't start the trip home until nearly 7:00 pm.

On the ride home, Braden started coughing...the barky croup cough. By the time we arrived home at midnight, he had full-blown croup. We carried him into the bathroom to breathe steam from the shower, then we headed outside for him to breathe the cold air. It was over an hour and a half before we got to bed.

At 4:00 am this morning, Reid took Braden out to the front porch and slept outside with him until 7:00 am this morning. We were trying to help him breathe and avoid another trip to the Emergency Room. Thankfully, this morning he is doing a little better... However, Mason is now complaining - for the second day - of an earache! He is the only one who has been well! Oh, to the doctor we will go tomorrow!

Friends, I'd appreciate your prayers. I am ready for the boys to be well. Having sick children takes a toll on me...and on Reid. I want to be joyful, thankful, and happy. I want to mother them well. We missed church this morning because of sick children, so we missed being filled up for the week ahead. However, we did have a sweet family service this morning at home - Thanks, honey!

Well, just thought you would like to know what is really happening in our world. The blogging-mask is OFF! Please pray for us!

NEW POST - Monday, Nov. 26th - FYI, we are headed to the doctor for two of our four this afternoon! Fun, fun, fun! However, we are still getting our schoolwork done! What a mean teacher!

2 comments:

snaphorse said...

I'm praying, my friend!

Patti

Anonymous said...

Kudos on removing your mask!!! You inspire me :)