Sunday, November 18, 2007

Time with Colby and Graylyn

This past weekend, I got to spend some time with Colby and Graylyn. It was touching to see how they are growing, but, honestly, heart-wrenching for me as well. The only tears that ran down my cheeks the entire weekend, was after Colby and Graylyn were out the door to leave. It was so emotional for me to be with them...but so good to see their smiling faces! I miss them so much!
Okay, enough melodrama - Here's what I really want to say...
First, Colby, your scrapbook was AWESOME! Thank you for bringing it to show to me! I felt honored that you wanted me to see it! Thank you for making a special trip to get it before you came over!
Colby was ecstatic with his TOBY MAC shirt. Mason got it for him when he and Andrew went to the concert. He was totally thrilled! Can you tell?
After I gave him the shirt, I gave Colby the letter that Mason had written him. Colby stopped what he was doing, ripped it open, and read the entire letter. People were trying to talk to him, hug him, etc... However, Colby was intent on reading his letter from his friend. What a beautiful picture of friendship!Colby actually let me hug him! Something that is a HUGE joke between us! When he would spend the night, he would pretend he didn't want a "good-night-hug." I always squeezed one in though! Now, I think he really likes these hugs! I do, too! I only wish I could hug you more often!
Beautiful Graylyn! When I walked in the room, you jumped in my arms. You held me so tight...for a long time. I miss you, Boo! You are growing up. I see so much of your mother in you. In fact, I think I have a picture of her making the same face you are making in this picture! I miss you so much, please know you will forever hold a special place in my heart. As Max Lucado wrote in one of your favorite books "You - Graylyn - are special."
I look forward to seeing you grow up, and sharing lots of stories with you about your Mom. I loved her so much. Sweet Graylyn, I love you so much as well!

Colby and Graylyn, there is so much I want to say. However, this is not the place. Everytime I begin to write all that I want to say, I become so emotional that I can't focus. Therefore, I'll be brief.
I want you both to know that you are so loved. As I told you in High Point, our family prays for each of you by name daily. You are lifted up to God's Throne. He loves you and He is holding you.
The Beebes love you so much! We are all hopeful that there will be a trip for you to Tennessee in the near future! Yee-haw!

By the way, Colby, thanks for the traditional "rabbit ears!" As usual...

No comments: