Saturday, November 17, 2007

High Point Highlights

I spent last weekend in High Point. I enjoyed my weekend with special friends. I thought I would share a few highlights from the weekend. There are a few BLOGS beyond this one that continue to spill the humor from the our weekend together.
Here are highlights of things I loved about the weekend:
Henry brought his "special friend" Elana over. I loved getting to meet her. I hope to see more of her in the future...hint, hint!
I loved getting to see Tina. She was one of the first friends in my life when we moved to High Point 11 years ago. She looks just the same - beautiful as always! She is growing in her faith and her walk with Christ! The biggest change is that she is no longer driving her 1989 Honda! Scott finally relented and she is now in a newer model - still blue though!

It was fun to see some of the boys playmates. In fact, I think Molly and Elise were Mason's first girlfriends! I love to see how they are growing into young ladies!


I loved seeing Beth...be Beth. She spilled Kelsey's paper flowers. Normally, this would not be a big deal, but Kelsey had them organized...by color...by shape...by flower type...by brand...by petal shape...etc... (Okay, I'm exaggerating! But, Kelsey is one of the most organized people I know! These were organized by color only! Ha!) Beth "felt so bad" it was too funny to see her fretting - in a fun way - over paper flowers!

I loved making the BLUE MAN page! Yes, you all made fun of me! Yes, you all laughed at my attempt at creativity! However, what a fun memory to make this page for Colby and Graylyn!

I loved getting to be silly with the kids! Lovely Lille!


Sadie - you are absolutely priceless!

This is Colby and a side of Van I have never seen! I loved it!


I loved getting to see Amanda receive the incredible album Amy made of their New York trip. She worked so hard on it, and it was really special. Then, I loved seeing Amanda...be Amanda...and forget to take it home. Gotta love her!
I loved being with my precious friends. It was great to be together laughing and remembering. I loved being able to be silly while helping preserve Ansley's memory for Colby and Graylyn. She would be laughing with us! It is great to see how the bonds of friendship continue to stand the test of time.


Although I am completely innocent, I enjoyed watching Amy hide 55 horrendous pictures of Kelsey "yawning!" Amy - yes, Amy - copied them on the computer and then she hid them all around Kelsey's scrapbook room. Kelsey will be finding these for quite a while. I'm innocent until proven guilty!


Uh...What's that on top of your ribbon? Oh, it's a picture of you! Actually, it's five pictures of you!


Psst...Kelsey...have you looked in the microwave?

By the way, the "yawning" picture looked something like this... Isn't she lovely?

I loved this prank on Kelsey because it brought back fun memories of one of the best pranks Amy and I ever pulled on Ansley! She returned home to find tons of tiny pictures of the "Ear" hidden all throughout her house...bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, den...we hid them everywhere. Kelsey said she had even found a tiny "Ear" in some of Ansley's scrapbooking stuff.

Ansley abhorred this "Ear" that she painted. She HATED it! She put it in a Yard Sale to sell it, and I bought it! Imagine that? This "Ear" has brought many smiles to my face, much to Ansley's embarrassment. Remember the "Ear?"

I loved being with everyone. I loved laughing.

Most of all, I loved...

I love you all! You hold a special place in my heart!

You always will!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Robin, this blog is great! You did a really great job! I love it! It was a really great weekend wasn't it. Things have changed, but some things remain the same; you will always be my sheltering tree! Love Ya, Amy

A Team said...

I checked your readibility... or whatever... and you are at a Jr. High Level. Here is the website.

http://www.criticsrant.com/bb/reading_level.aspx

Just cut and paste.

I AM STUPID :-)
I guess I just need an elementary education to homeschool for elementary and then I guess I'll send them to you for Jr. High.