Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Why You Should Get Your Children An E-Mail Acct.

We finally buckled. We set up an e-mail acct. for Mason so he could begin BLOGGING. Typically, he receives one e-mail each day...from his Daddy. You would think it was the GREATEST thing!

"Hey, Mom! Can I check my e-mail?"

I suppose we are trying to "keep with the times" in expressing our love to the hearts of our boys. However, here is another reason to get your children an e-mail acct...

I went to High Point this past weekend (pictures soon!) I had a wonderful trip being with friends and reminiscing about Ansley. We spent lots of time scrapbooking pictures for Colby and Graylyn while I also got to work on a few pages for our family. It was great being with Amy, Kelsey, Beth, Angie, Tina, Henry, Alana, and Mr. Mom - Jay! Overall, my emotions were in check, but always brimming just below the surface because this was the first time I had scrapbooked with "the gang" since Ansley's death.

On the trip home my mind was swimming with thoughts, and I was driving home on very little sleep from the weekend. I was also driving Reid's 1992 stick-shift Maxima to save on gas. A whole lotta good that did!!

About 1 hour outside of TN, I stopped to fill-up with gas. After pumping, I tried to open the car door...only to find that I HAD LOCKED THE KEYS INSIDE THE CAR!

Nearly two hours later, I am following Danny's Towing Truck to the nearest truck-stop to use their ATM. (Danny's Towing doesn't take checks or credit cards! Arghhh!) I withdraw the $50 (money we don't have right now) and finally pay for the "unlocking" job.

I get back on the interstate, still not really focused on driving. I'm thinking about the weekend, the $50 that is now gone, telling Reid about my adventures, seeing Colby and Graylyn, memories from the past, the Banana joke, the yawning picture, etc... My mind was all over the place!

About 1 hour and 45 minutes after my "unlocking" episode, I am on the outskirts of Dandridge, TN. I crossed safely into Tennessee and am finally close to home. This is when I realize, that once I got back on the interstate from having the car unlocked - I NEVER SHIFTED OUT OF THIRD GEAR!!! Not good...not good...not good AT ALL!

By the time I arrived home, my emotions had catapulted beyond normal range. Once I finally shared everything with Reid...the tears began to flow. And, flow they did! Being tired only magnified my emotions. Whew!

Thanks to Reid for calming me down and loving in my teary state!

Anyway, Monday I turned on the computer to check my e-mail. This was what I found in my Inbox:

----- Original message -----
From: "Mason Beebe"
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 16:52:20 -0500
Subject: Your Trip

Hey Mom,
I don't know when you will get this email but the day you got back from the trip you were crying. I don't know what it was about but if it was about Mrs. Wolffis then you should know she is in heaven and you shouldn't worry about it.
Love, Mason


Precious...thank you Mason! I appreciate your comforting words! You are a blessing to me and I am grateful for your compassionate heart! Thank you for understanding your teary-eyed mother. And, thank you for speaking truth to me. You are right, Mrs. Wolffis is in heaven. Thank you, Mason. You are growing up. I am proud of the man you are becoming.

Finally, I am glad you have e-mail. You can e-mail me anytime! I promise I won't put them all on my BLOG!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Finally, a blog! That is so sweet. You have the sweetest boys I know! Sorry you had such a hard time getting home. No wonder you haven't called or blogged-you are still trying to get over the trip! Knock Knock. Who's there? Banana. Banana Who? Knock Knock. Who's there? Banana. Banana Who? Knock Knock. Who's there. Orange. Orange Who? Orange you glad I didn't say banana?