Wednesday, November 28, 2007

So Much for Surprises

Last week, I was reading Tracie's blog. She had an entry about decorating her house for Christmas. As I left the comment on her BLOG, I remembered one Christmas in particular. Here is a portion of my comment:

I pre-opened my gifts one year as a child b/c the tree was in the basement where my bedroom was located. One year after my parents were in bed I gathered my gifts...cut the tape with a knife...opened carefully...looked at the gifts...rewrapped! No one ever knew until years later when my guilt forced a confession!! Yes, my love language is gifts - and I hate to wait for them!

For those of you who know me, you will find lots of humor in today's events! As I said in my earlier comment, my love language is gifts - and I hate to wait for them.

Fast forward from last week's comment...

The past two nights Reid and I have been feverishly working on a special Christmas gift for Mason. It was a puzzle that Mason bought this summer on his trip to Baltimore. We finally finished working it last night and had it ready to get framed.

Today Mason and Franklin went on a scavenger hunt...and found it! So much for the special surprise waiting under the tree on Christmas morning!

Mason felt really bad about it, but I ended up sharing my own childhood story to make him fell better.

I think Reid is the only one in this house who doesn't mind waiting for a surprise! I wonder where the other boys get their great impatience from?

I called my mom today to tell her that "what goes around comes around." She simply laughed and said, "Now you know how I felt."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember doing something similar when I was a little girl. I knew all the places my parents hid their gifts! My mom always said whatever we did to them, our children would do to us. She was right!

Under the Raisner Roof... said...

Ok, I will try and remember that Mason is viewing my blog! I am so happy to be able to chat with you all! I will be a good example. Love to you all! Amy

truevyne said...

Sorry your surprise was ruined. My children bought Christmas presents for each with each other present this year. No surprise there either...