Saturday, November 17, 2007

World - Meet Jay

Unemployment can make people do crazy things. I have even heard of guys building their own HD television antennas out of closet shelving and broom handles... Hmm...

World, I'd like you to meet Jay. He is unemployed currently and is finding all kinds of things to do to fill his days. For instance...


He practices his body-building poses...


His second grade son had to build a Pueblo for a class assignment. Does this look like a second grader built this?? Oh, this is Jay with time on his hands! He spackled it, sanded it, painted it, and decorated it with sand while we were at their house this weekend. I hope Ethan received an "O+" on his project! The other second graders probably built their pueblos in shoe boxes. (I know my boys would have.)



Sunday morning, Jay was up making Sadie's birthday pancake. I must say, it was impressive. Complete with frosting and sprinkles! He even put an umbrella on top! Kelsey is quickly becoming a "kept-woman!"


This weekend I learned that Jay was an antenna-building, spackle-smoothing, paint-brushing, sand-throwing, pancake-flipping, and child-daddying man! Ha-ha!


Seriously, thanks for watching the kids so we could all be together! It was fun seeing all that you are able to do! I'm glad everything is going so well now that you are moving on to something else! It was nice to see you so relaxed!

NEW POSTING 11-20-07 - I thought you would all like to see the finished product of the Pueblo...Yes, a second grader did this...really??!! Okay, Jay helped...A LOT - The word from Kelsey is that "He got an O+" on the project! I'm not sure if she was referring to Jay or Ethan, but "O+" was the grade! Whoo-hoo!

No comments: