Thursday, November 1, 2007

Spiderman (Braden) is FOUR!

We have something to celebrate! Braden is four years old!


Braden and fourteen of his favorite Spider-friends helped him celebrate his birthday in a Special Spider Way!


We started the party with some Spider-fun! All of the Spider-friends had to go on a Scavenger Hunt for Spider-food...what spiders really eat! The boys hid lots of plastic bugs and critters for the Spider-friends to find on the driveway! The kids had fun hunting for the bugs and the gigantic spiders!








After the Scavenger Hunt for Spider-food, the Spider-friends had to hunt through the leaf pile for a HUGE ANT! All of the boys took turns hunting for it! The leaf pile was a huge hit with the kids!


Before the big day, Mason, Franklin and Weston built a Spider Web Obstacle for all of the Spider-friends to walk through. Franklin was the BIG BAD SPIDER who would catch the kids if their feet hit the string! The boys had so much fun planning this game!











It was time for Pin the Spider on the Web... The Spider-friends had to stick their spider into the BIG WEB! I think I confused Jacob with the name b/c when his Mom came to get him, he told her we played "Pin the Spider on the Donkey!" Too funny!





So much Spider-fun, but it was time for Spider-food! I made Spiderweb Cupcakes (I was kind-of proud of my creativity! Creativity on a budget!) However, somehow we missed getting a picture of Braden blowing out his candles! He did have a special cupcake with FOUR candles on it! He loved the attention!






After Spider-food, it was time for Spiderman to open his gifts! He received many fun toys and lots of Spiderman gear. I think Spiderman will be his favorite Superhero for quite some time!







The highlight of the day was the Spiderman Silly String War! All of the Dad's were the "Bad Guys!" All of the boys were the Spiderman Super Heros armed with their Silly String Web Slingers! It was so funny to see Ted running from all the kids, Bruce trying to save himself by hiding in a tree, and an onslaught of boys catching Reid! Hilarious! Truthfully, I think the Dads enjoyed it as much as the Spider-friends!








When the Spiderman Silly String War was almost over, Kaitlyn lured Rhonda out of the house. The children were all convinced she was a "bad guy" because she was an adult. They got her good! (Sorry friend - it really was your daughter's doing! I am completely innocent!)



Finally, it was time for the Spider-friends to take a swing at the Spiderman Pinata. All of the younger ones took a turn with the bat! However, as we moved up in age, it didn't take long for the candy to tumble to the ground! The pictures of Mason and Franklin hitting the pinata show them pummeling the pinata once it was empty!






















After busting the pinata comes the best part; eating the candy! Jacob is holding his mouth open because he is tasting "Spiderman Pop Rocks" for the first time! Yum-yum!





My sweet Braden! I can't believe you are now four-years old! It is hard to believe you entered the world just four short years ago! I am so privileged to be your Mom. You bring such joy and happiness into my world! I am thankful for you, my precious Spiderman son!







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your boys are adorable. I miss them! They are so sweet and loving. Tell them I said hi and that I love them! Amy

A Team said...

ok... YOU ARE NOT BEHIND IN BLOGGING! THIS IS SO GOOD!
I wish I would have seen this party. You are such a good mom Robin! So fun... so caring... so loving. Your children are blessed!