Friday, April 16, 2010

A Few Reasons Why I LOVE Teaching



Why do I LOVE teaching at Thursday Connection? Because the students I teach me more than I will ever be able to teach them! Look at the compassion, generosity, and love of these precious students of mine! I am so blessed!
These get well greetings arrived from my students - two even came in my mailbox! I feel so loved! Thank you Rebekah, Chloe and Olivia for sending such special notes. It is an honor to be your teacher and your heartfelt words of encouragement brought me much JOY! Thank you!
Thank you also to everyone who completed the optional assignment of writing a letter to my friend. She will be blessed by your words, and I know God is smiling because each of you chose to encourage her with a special letter! Thank you!

A few weeks ago, I blogged about a special young lady who wanted to help us with our adoption. She'd been setting aside money in a Mason jar, and Thursday she sent it home with Mason. Do you know how much this child blessed us with? $51.00! $51.00!!! Can you believe it? What an incredible gift from the heart of a young lady walking with Christ! Thank you Grace for your gift of LOVE to our yet-to-be-known-to-us little one waiting in Africa. What a sacrificial gift from your heart to the heart of another. Words can not thank you enough for your help in bringing our child home! Thank you!
My plans are to continue filling the jar with our loose change (and bills) until our adoption is complete. Then we will refill it for others and it will be our "Pass It ON" jar so that we may pass on the gift of LOVE you have given us.

The amount of Grace's generous gift is very significant, and I will write more about it in another post! God astounds us with HIS faithfulness in HIS provision!

I am so blessed! Thank you for your sweet gifts of encouragement!

"Encourage the exhausted, and strengthen the feeble." Isaiah 35:3

No comments: