Saturday, April 3, 2010

Ghana Gifts

For those who have been following our journey, I'd like you to meet Kristie. She's my precious friend who is adopting from Ghana, Africa. She is many steps ahead of us, and she and her husband, Righ, will be traveling to Ghana as soon as their dossier is approved.
Today, she surprised me with an adoption gift! Everyone knows how I love gifts! Kristie gave me a Ghana necklace with an image of the country on one side and a quote on the other that reads, "147 million minus one." (Yes, there are 147 million orphans in the world today. Our family is helping one.)

Kristie's family, contrarily, is helping two. A little boy and a little girl. Today, I gave her a belated birthday gift. It was a Willow Tree figurine painted to be authentic for her two new children. Surprisingly, you can not find Willow Tree figures with brown skin, so I transformed it with a little paint! (Thank you, Tracie, for the idea!)

Happy Birthday Kristie! I love my first Ghana Gift! Yeah! It's a blessing to be sharing in this journey with you!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

That is awesome!!!! :) Happy Birthday Kristie!