Sunday, December 16, 2007

Two Givers

There are two people in my life right now who are truly GIVERS! Their names are Becca and Jess. The three of us started meeting on a consistent basis last year. I walked the two of them through the book "Lies Women Believe." (This Bible Study is a MUST for any Christian woman!)



Let me introduce you to my friends...


Becca would love to spend her life in the kitchen making delicious, but very-healthy meals for other people! She has a heart of GOLD! She inspires others to shine the light of Christ in EVERY life situation. She loves doing things for others, and the only fault I can find in her is she has trouble saying the word, "no." She has blessed my life tremendously and I am thankful for her! She has cooked for us twice since December began! Giver...giver...giver!!
Jess, well, she's a giggler! You can tell by looking at this picture! She is so happy because she is pregnant with their first child, and she just found out...it's going to be a ... wait... I'd better get permission before I post the answer - check back later! Seriously, she too, has enriched my life with many smiles. Tomorrow she has offered to take all four boys to a movie so I can wrap some presents! Giver...giver...giver!! Since she is taking all of the boys tomorrow, I think she is warming up to the idea of a large family! Hint, hint!!

Since we did the initial Bible Study, we have evolved into a "Titus 2" group. This is REALLY SCARY because, as the verse in Titus 2 states, this means I am supposed to be the older woman teaching them to love and respect their husbands! Oh, my! These gals are getting some great advice! Be silly and have fun!?!Titus 2:3-5 states -

Older women likewise are to be reverent in their behavior, not malicious gossips nor enslaved to much wine, teaching what is good, so that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be sensible, pure, workers at home, kind, being subject to their own husbands, so that the word of God will not be dishonored.

Seriously, we have a great friendship. I have been so blessed to have Becca and Jess in my life. They have both taught me so much as we have walked through some difficult things together over the past year. We have all grown in our accountability with one another, and the three of us are comfortable to be transparent and vulnerable with each other. We are all willing to speak the TRUTH when needed.


Becca had us over to her house for dinner on December 1st. She served our families a delicious meal, complete with a paper towel in the salad! That night we even had a snowball fight...with marshmallows! (A tradition that our family is quickly adopting everywhere we go!) The boys thought it was "awesome!"


Rob -take it easy! Braden - your target - is only four years old! Geez!


The night we went to Becca's she even had a craft for the kids to make. The boys got to make a red and green paper chain to count-down to Christmas! Becca is so creative and so sweet to think of something the boys would enjoy! Thank you for a wonderful evening! It was so much FUN!


Becca and Jess, I am so thankful for you both! Thank you for blessing my life with your friendship. Thank you also for always going along with my silliness. (I know I drive you crazy sometimes!!) I wish you both a very, very Merry Christmas!


Ho, ho, ho!

3 comments:

Under the Raisner Roof... said...

The photo of the three of you reminds me of the photos at Giannos of you, me and Ansley. We were sitting on the bench in the lobby. Remember? Looks like you all are having fun in Tennessee!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I was wearing the same shirt in all of those pics, even though the events happened about 2 weeks apart. It must be my favorite turtleneck :) Anyway, thanks for your sweet comments- I love hanging out with the girls and look forward to tomorrow!

Bloggin' Robin said...

Becca- You and I are so much alike. Did you notice I was wearing the same sweater both times we were together as well?? We need more variety in our clothing friend!