Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Behind In BLOGGING...And Everything Else

Sorry friends - I am behind! Very, very behind!

There were no BLOG posts last week because we were out-of-town. We enjoyed a relaxing and peaceful week in Charleston on the shore of the ocean! It was an incredible week with our family. We enjoyed being with everyone. It was wonderful!
This week I am trying to remember the tranquil feeling I experienced last week. Today, I feel overwhelmed. The current state of Christmas at the Beebe house is...behind...very, very behind. I currently have no gifts for our family, no Christmas decorations, no tree, and a "things to do" list that continues to grow... We still have pumpkins on the front porch for Pete's sake! Geez! However, I am going to get them as soon as I finish this BLOG! This has motivated me! No more pumpkins!
All this to say, I will try to BLOG over the next few days/weeks, but other things must happen first. Becca, my life-saver friend, has offered to come over tomorrow and help me get started! Praise the Lord! He is meeting my need for some help!
Here is a picture of Reid and Braden on the beach three days ago. This should be a reminder of what is important! I must keep my focus on the things that are eternal! God is so GOOD! May I approach Christmas with anticipation and not anxiety. May I approach it with peace as I remember the TRUE reason for the season! Although we may be without decorations and a Christmas tree, we do have Christ. He is my source of joy and strength. May I constantly remember the birth I am celebrating, and not be entangled by the "world's" idea of Christmas. May I be a reflection of the JOY Christ gives me!

I'll be blogging sometime soon, but for now, I'm going to focus on the important things! I'm also going to remove the pumpkins from the front porch!

5 comments:

Under the Raisner Roof... said...

Yeah! You blogged! I am so happy! Did you get the pumpkins? I love the beach photo. Those boys looked pretty "buff" on the field trip. They should be helping you get the house ready for the holidays! Love Ya! Amy

Under the Raisner Roof... said...

TRY THE LINK AGAIN! IT WORKED FOR ME!

snaphorse said...

AMEN!

Anonymous said...

hey, so i dont know why i did this but my post moved to november 29th.

go read it there ive got exciting news for ya. :)

love,
karissa

A Team said...

I heart Robin Beebe