Saturday, December 1, 2007

No More Dr. Pepper!

The two rules for making science interesting for boys is to:
1.) Do lots of experiments
2.) Make it gross
This week's science experiment incorporated both things!

Weston lost a tooth and we wanted to see what would happen if we soaked it in Dr. Pepper for a week.
We poured Dr. Pepper into a container, and dropped the tooth into the liquid. We then covered it with Saran Wrap and left it alone until the following day.


We left the tooth in the Dr. Pepper overnight and checked to see if is had changed at all in the 24 hour time period.

Isn't that disgusting!? Eeewwww! And, that's only 24 hours! Gross! I can only imagine what my "one a day" drink is doing to my teeth?! Ugh!

The plan was to continue to soak the tooth for a week, but I dropped it into the dishwasher. Of course, it could not be retrieved! The tooth is now inside of the front panel of our dishwasher. Don't ask, it would take too long to explain.

Again, here's the side-by-side. Yep, it's disgusting. Yep, the boys thought it was "cool!"










At least now I have seen hard-core evidence of what is making my teeth turn yellow!

2 comments:

Under the Raisner Roof... said...

That sheds a new light on our beloved Dr. Pepper doesn't it. I wish I didn't know that truth!

Tory said...

Eeeeew, that's nasty. Note to self - no more Dr. Pepper!