Wednesday, February 27, 2008

MASSIVE SNOWSTORM HITS EAST TENNESSEE



I know you are wondering...

How in the world does Robin have time to BLOG? Three posts before 10:30 am?!? Shouldn't she being "doing school?"

Here is the answer, we have had a snowstorm here! A HUGE one! In fact, I think there may actually be a full 1/4 inch on our back deck...ummm...none to speak of on the ground.

The boys woke up sooooo excited to get to "play in the snow!" They have made the most of what we have. Our deck is being scraped clean! They have filled our mailbox with snowballs, after faithfully carrying them from the back deck! Great hiding place boys! I'm sure we will have wet, clumpy mail for several days!

The boys have delighted in a snowball fight with our neighbors. Thankfully, our neighbors homeschool as well, b/c public school is in session today. I told the boys that everyone else was going to school, so we needed to have a day of schoolwork as well.

Mason responded with a quip, "I'm signing a petition! No school today!"


As a mom who love to see her children excited couldn't fight the excitement. It was contagious! Therefore, they have played outside all morning...and I have gotten to BLOG!

Here are some pictures I just took of the fun they are having. These shots provide proof - "Where there's a will, there's a way!" Snow can be fun - even if it only sticks on the deck!

2 comments:

snaphorse said...

You guys should have come over to our house...we had about 2-3 inches of snow here that stuck on the ground! It is 12 noon and my kids just came in from playing in it. I can't believe most of it has lasted until now. The sun is out though, so soon it will be gone!

Have a great day!

Patti

2 China 4 Addison said...

Looks like a great day. We're expecting another couple of inches tonight, want to come to Chicago?! I take that back, I might be moving into your house soon! haha I am SO done with winter!