Friday, February 29, 2008

Mason's NOT A Good Big Brother

Yesterday, Franklin and Braden were playing at a neighbor's house. Braden came back home, but he was alone. I was a bit surprised b/c I had specifically told Franklin that Braden was his responsibility.

So, I asked Braden if Franklin came home with him. Braden replied, "Franklin walked me home and then went back to play."

I was so pleased with the choice my fine son had made to really take care of his younger brother! I told Braden, "Franklin was being a good big brother wasn't he?"

Braden sweetly nodded his head.

Mason had heard this entire conversation from his seat on the couch. He turned to Braden and said, "Braden, am I a good big brother?"

Braden very forcefully made his point by stating loudly, "NO!"

"Why not?" I asked, concerned about what might be happening without my knowledge.

Braden truthfully answered, "Because Mason is always pulling my thumb out of my mouth!"

Now honestly, what is a big brother to do? Frankly, in my book that makes him a good big brother also! Braden, PLEASE stop sucking your thumb!

No comments: