Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Packing Apple Bags for Africa

Today the boys and I spent our day with friends preparing bags for our upcoming trip back to Ghana. Before we started packing, we all watched the video of Sydney and the O'learys taking the first batch of bags on their first trip to Ghana in September. Before you read on, perhaps you should take time to see the impact these simple apple bags will have on the people we will be visiting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa1HYFJpaDI&feature=player_detailpage

Virgil,
Stephanie,
Karen, Cassie,
and many other friends from downtown helped us pack bags to give to children while we are in Africa. Water Angels Ministry donated most of the items for the bags. Some of the items came from friends, and some things our family wanted to give. Gathered together, each bag is quite a gift for a child with very little.

Food, school supplies, hygiene products, washcloths, toys, and most importantly...
Bibles filled these apple bags with love from friends in Tennessee. Every child who receives a bag will receive God's Word! What a gift! Thank you Water Angels for giving the most important gift we could take with us for others. Bibles!

Yes! God provided loads of bags FILLED WITH HIS LOVE!

May all who receive them know they are truly LOVED!

If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.” - 1 Corinthians 13:1-3

P.S. If anyone would like to write some notes to go in these bags, that would be great! Send them to me soon so we can take them with us. What a gift of encouragement a handwritten note would be for these children! Yes, many Ghanaian children speak English!





Posted by Picasa

No comments: