Thursday, February 17, 2011

We Got It

Today while I was teaching my Shurley 4 English class, I looked up to see Reid standing in the sliding glass door in the back of the room.  Confused as to why he would be there, I said to the class, "Students turn around and meet my great-looking husband, Reid."

Reid smiled and waved to the class, then he looked at me with tears in his eyes.  "We got it!" he exclaimed.

"We got it?" I questioned.  As soon as the words came out of my mouth, it hit me.  The Visa!  Overcomer was granted his visa!  Quickly I ran over to hug and kiss my wonderful husband!

As I was running, Reid assured me, "Yes!  His visa was granted!"

Most kids don't like mushy, gushy hugging and kissing...but my class was cheering!  Reid and I were both crying.  We were so happy.  The class just screamed, clapped, and cheered.  They were as excited as we were!

As soon as the news sunk in, we prayed and thanked God for his goodness to us.  He answered our heart's cry!  After Reid left, I searched the building for the boys and told them the incredible news.  They were thrilled.  We leave for Ghana very soon.  For sure.  Overcomer is coming home.  Another obstacle has been overcome!

I was thinking tonight about the significance of the day.  This is three days after the original day for Overcomer's visa to be granted.  Jesus was raised from the dead on the third day.   On this third day, God is bringing assurance of our family being united.  HOPE!  JOY!  REALITY!

Thank you, thank you. Thank you, Lord.

"I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD
In the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
Be strong and take courage;
Yes, wait for the Lord."
Psalm 27:13-14 

Lord, thank you for allowing us to see your goodness!
 

1 comment:

K. Messerly said...

Tears of joy in my eyes. So happy for you!