Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Packing, Preparing, Planning, and Praying!

We leave for Ghana in less than two weeks!  We will finally be together as a complete family!  Yeah!  We will spend two weeks in Ghana ministering as a family.  I expect this will be a life-changing trip for all of us.  Mason is taking his guitar and hoping to have some opportunities to play.  All of the boys are ecstatic! 

I'm becoming weary trying to pack, plan, and pray as we prepare!  Realizing the most important thing is PRAYER!  Franklin broke his arm this weekend.  We had a trip to the Emergency Room on Friday.  Franklin was trying to be Tarzan by swinging on a vine.  Unfortunately for him, the vine broke!  Thankfully, because of our upcoming trip, the orthopedic doctor put him in a removable cast.  Last night I returned home late from picking up Lamar at the ER.  He needed seven stitches from a scooter accident.  Ugh!  This was our third trip to the ER in less than three weeks.  Today I have a pulled muscle in my back which has had rendered me unable to do some things I'd planned on.  So, would you please pray for us?  Speed bumps will not stop us, but they do slow us down.  Sigh.

We are gathering with some friends soon to pray for three men leaving for Ghana on Saturday, and also for our upcoming trip.  How grateful we are to have friends who seek the Lord in prayer for all things.  We look forward to asking the Lord to go before us.

As for our little Overcomer...  He's doing fantastic.  I was blessed to talk with him this weekend.  His Auntie M has been so wonderful to call and let me hear his voice.  Precious!  Every time I hear him though it makes me long to be with him.  I find myself awake at night wondering what our family will be like once we are all together!?!  What a glorious day that will be! 

We are so amazed by all the Lord has done.  So many of you have helped us on this journey.  People have given us handmade pillowcase dresses, school supplies, clothing, toys and numerous other donations to take to the children in Ghana.  Thank you!  We'll keep posting as we are able.  We are grateful for your prayers.  If you would like to pray for specifics while we are in Ghana or if you would like to meet us at the airport please e-mail me.

A friend sent me this verse today.  It's our prayer right now.  Lord, please go before us...

"I will go before you and will level the mountains; I will break down gates of bronze and cut through bars of iron. I will give you the treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the LORD, the God of Israel, who summons you by name"   Isaiah 45:2-3

2 comments:

Kendra said...

Oh friend, so happy to see this journey is finally coming to fruition! I will be praying for your health, your strength, your peace while you prepare and while you are in Ghana. Enjoy every moment and keep us posted when you can. I can't wait to hear of your journey when you return. It's such a long road isn't it? You have waited soo long. I love how God brings all sides of the world together. Many blessings coming your way!!
Love, Kendra

Nik said...

I am a fairly new "stalker" to your blog, but I have been amazed by your journey. Your family is in my prayers for your trip and completing your family.

Blessings!