Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Tree Stays Up!

This was our family photo taken on Christmas Eve last year - 2010. We are standing in front of my parent's enormous Christmas tree.



My parents are so excited about their grandson coming home. Originally, we thought he would be with us around Christmas time. At that time, my mother began telling everyone that she was going to keep her Christmas tree up until Overcomer came home. Her reasoning was that Overcomer would be the best gift of Christmas.

Once Christmas past, we had reason to believe he could be coming at the end of January. And then it seemed he would surely be home by Valentine's Day. My mom continued her mantra, "I'm keeping the Christmas tree up until he comes home." As Valentine's Day approached my mother began to waver, "I'm keeping the Christmas tree up until Valentine's Day, but I think that will be it. We are headed into Spring now."

Yesterday was Valentine's Day. It was Overcomer's third birthday and also the Embassy appointment for his exit interview for his visa. Late evening, I had to call my parents to tell them Overcomer's visa was not granted. We must wait. For how long? I'm not sure.

Today my mother told me that last night she told my dad it was time to take down the Christmas tree. He responded, "The tree stays up! Taking it down would be like giving up hope and we are not giving up hope. Overcomer will be coming home. The tree will stay up until he arrives."

So, the tree stays. Up and decorated. His gifts are here at our house still wrapped in Christmas paper.

Mom and Dad's tree will be a welcome home for him. I continue to pray it will be soon. However, I know God is in control of the timing. But, we are not giving up hope! The tree stays up as a reminder that we are holding onto hope!

A friend of mine recently shared this quote,

Hope is to the human soul what oxygen is to the human body. Our hope is in God and in His Word, the Bible.
Life will be brighter than noonday,
and darkness will become like morning.
You will be secure, because there is hope;
you will look about you and take your rest in safety.
Job 11:17,18


Posted by Picasa

No comments: