Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Night With the Chapmans and CALEB

Yes, we splurged and invested in this special night with our kids, our niece, and our nephew. In fact it was our nephew's birthday that gave us the motivation to part with the money during our adoption. Our nephew's name is Caleb, and on this evening, Steven Curtis Chapman's sons, Caleb and Will, were unveiling their new band, 'CALEB!' Who could find a better birthday gift that that? Additionally, my niece and nephew's family are in the process of adopting from Ethiopia. What a special evening to spend together!

The Chapman's delivered a powerful message - even while still grieving from the loss of their precious daughter. The entire family encouraged everyone to SEE Christ even in the darkest of times. Their words were true, and at times, raw as they shared from the depths of their pain.

My age was evident because I knew all the words to the Great Adventure song from the late 1990's. Remember, "Saddle up your horses, We gotta trail to blaze, Through the wild blue yonder, In God's amazing grace..." (yeah, now YOU are singing it in your head!)

I've borrowed Mary Beth Chapman's new book, SEE, from the library. (I'm the first reader b/c I placed it on hold before it was shelved. Quite an honor! Hee-hee!) From the small bit I've read, I think I'll be glad to have read it...even if parts of it stir up emotions from difficult times in my own life. Yes, I'm still growing...

Here's some pics from our evening... Caleb is wearing his new CALEB shirt!



Sing to the LORD a new song; sing to the LORD, all the earth.
Psalm 96:1

Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates
Posted by Picasa

No comments: