Saturday, November 27, 2010

Day 300 - Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was a significant day. Day 300 of our adoption! We spent the day surrounded by family and immersed in conversation about adoption.

Reid's sister, Margaret, and her family are in the process of adoption of a beautiful boy from Ethiopia. On this blog, I'll refer to him as Job. One of my favorite parts of Thanksgiving was seeing the video of him! He is adorable! I can't wait for the boys to have him home as their new cousin. Jane McKenzie, Ella, and Betsy will not know what to do when they are surrounded by seven boys! Cousins and brothers will severely out-number them!


It was exciting to share face-to-face where each of our families have journeyed over the past year.

Margaret blessed all of us with a wonderful meal. She created a memorable dinner, and my only contribution was rolls and appetizers. I'm not sure I've ever done so little for the holiday. Hall family, thank you for the incredible day together! We loved it!


Thankfulness overwhelms me. I was reminded recently, "THANKSGIVING is an action word." So, I've reflected on God's goodness over the past few days. How great is HE! None can compare! It's amazing!

Thank you, Lord, for Your presence in my life. Your leading. Your comfort. Your peace. Your assurance. Thank You for the blessings of this world. My husband whom You led me to join my life. The children You have given us. The child You have woven our hearts to across the ocean. Thank You for our parents, our friends, our neighbors. Our health. Our home. Our ability to continue to grow. Thank You for not leaving us where we are, but stretching us further and expanding our love for You. Thank You for revealing more of yourself. Thank You, Lord. Thank You.

“Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts.”
Colossians 3:16



No comments: