Saturday, November 20, 2010

1 Chronicles 16:34

Give thanks to the Lord,
For He is good.
His love endures forever!
1 Chronicles 16:34

Yes! God is really good! (My apologies to my English students for using the banned word "good." You still are not allowed to use it in your writing, but this is my blog so I have permission to bend the rules for myself!)

God goodness is everlasting! He is faithful, just, kind, unwavering, sovereign, all-knowing, all-powerful, all-present, sure, steadfast, loving, forgiving, and full of surprises filled with HOPE!

This morning, I've been preparing a craft to take downtown. A "TREE of THANKS" for homeless children to fill with leaves stating what they are thankful for. Tracing this large tree Franklin drew, helped set my heart to giving praise to the One worthy of all praise! I began thinking that I, alone, could easily fill this tree with all that I am grateful for in my life. "The Lord is great, and greatly to be praised."

My writing flows from my heart. Lately, I've been praying that the things that break Gods' heart would also break my own. He is faithfully doing so. Tears have flowed for orphans, for injustice, for lost women seeking love in the wrong places, for starving children, for child soldiers, for families watching loved ones battle cancer, for people dying because of lack of funds to purchase the cures for their diseases, for souls who have never heard the name of Jesus, for those who have heard but choose not to believe, and for my own son waiting for me on the other side of the world. God is continually setting my heart on eternity, not on this breath of a life on Earth.

Some of my recent posts have reflected this wrestling within my soul. Yet, in all of this - with tears flowing, I know that my God is on His throne. He holds everything in His faithful hands. I do not understand, but I know I can praise HIM.

Last night, Mathiang shared part of his story. While walking to safety across Sudan, he would eat dirt, leaves, or dig roots to eat. One quote from him rattled me. He said, "The roots are always bitter, but the fruit is always sweet."

My roots of faith are continuing to grow deeper. Deeper and deeper and deeper still. Adversity and trials force the roots deeper.

God sends such sweet gifts of hope and encouragement...at times when they are needed most. Can I refuse to praise him and give him thanks? Never.

Thursday morning, I was preparing to enter the building to teach my classes. In the parking lot, God sent a sweet friend to encourage me as she wiped tears from her own eyes as I shared my pain. "Weep with those who weep" was lived out to comfort me. Thank you, Lord, for sending your servant!

In one of my last classes, a precious boy, Timothy Lumsdaine, came up to me and said, "Mrs. Beebe when should I give you money for your adoption?"

Puzzled, I responded, "What do you mean, Timothy?"

This shy ten year old looked at me with his warm eyes and said, "Well, I've been selling cookies to help with your adoption, and wanted to give you the money."

Again, my eyes were wet. God has precious saints in his children.

Timothy handed me the crumpled up bills, pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters. I couldn't help but think of the woman who gave her one coin. Jesus said it was the most precious gift because this woman had given all she had. As my hands were weighted down with coins, I felt the same about this generous, precious gift from the heart of a child. Thank you, Timothy! I thank God for YOU and what He is doing in your life!

Yesterday, I was longing for some hope from Ghana - and the Lord sent it. Although I didn't understand what some of the documents meant, it gave me hope to receive some word! This morning I received an e-mail from a friend I haven't spoken with in over 7 years. Her e-mail reminded me, God never forgets any of his children. He knows what we need before we even ask. Thank you, friends, for praying. Please, please continue.

Throughout the remainder of today, I pray I will reflect on the Lord's abundant goodness. Would you do this also?
Give thanks to the Lord,
For He is good.
His love endures forever!
1 Chronicles 16:34



Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

No comments: