Friday, September 17, 2010

Scattered Shoes

Sunday night, our friend Resie blessed us with some adorable hand-me-downs for Overcomer to wear when he comes home.  Summer shorts, shirts, and shoes were piled in my arms as we left our church gathering. 

When we arrived home, I set the clothes down in the den by our front door expecting to put them away in the morning.  A pair of tiny red crocs and a little pair of flip-flops toppled off the pile and landed mixed up with the boys tennis shoes placed by the front door. 

The next morning, Mason was dressing for school.  As Mason was tying his shoes, he said to me, "I saw Overcomer's shoes mixed up with ours this morning.  I can't wait until he's really here and my shoes are mixed in with my little brother's.  Seeing his shoes gets me so excited!  I can't wait 'till he's home."

Tiny shoes mixed up with Mason's shoes that would now fit any man.   It's a miracle for our family to be spread over more years.  Something I would have never imagined, but now yearn for in my heart.  To have Overcomer HOME!

I'm excited too.  To me, a jumble of shoes by our front door is beautiful. Yes, beautiful...because this pile of shoes reminds me of our beautiful feet walking out the door to proclaim Christ...  Crocs, flip-flops, tennis shoes, all filled with feet to proclaim the good news of Jesus.

How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, "Your God reigns!"
Isaiah 52:7

Blogger Templates

Blogger Templates

No comments: