Monday, September 6, 2010

Lazy Labor Day on the River

After a sweet slumber the night before, Monday was filled with more rest and relaxation. (Actually, I slept in the house so I would have a sweet slumber. Those who chose the screen house and tents were somewhat grumpy in the morning.)

Franklin, Colby, and Addison enjoying the blow up mattress.
Weston fixing some lemonade before the trip down river.
Our family river adventure. Two canoes and two kayaks. I'm not sure what we will need when Overcomer arrives! Franklin chose to fish while Weston paddled him down river, and Franklin reeled one in! Weston finally said he didn't want to be in the canoe with Franklin anymore.  He demanded for a kayak. Can you blame him?
Our family doesn't slow down often, so to have a day of complete relaxation was glorious.  Pure bliss!  When you are surrounded by God's created beauty and those you love, you realize - life doesn't get much better than this...except to have our little Overcomer with us riding down river!
For thus says the Lord: Behold, I will extend peace to her like a river, and the glory of the nations like an overflowing stream; then you will be nursed, you will be carried on her hip and trotted [lovingly bounced up and down] on her [God's maternal] knees.
Isaiah 66:12
Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates


P.S.  I realize I am juggling too much when I completely miss a Labor Day party some dear friends had at their house!  I thought it was on Monday, but it was on Sunday.  Totally missed it.  So embarassed!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: