Thursday, September 30, 2010

First Blanket Blessings

Last night I had the privilege of speaking to the Stars group at a local church about our homeless friends downtown.  Thirty-two fourth grade girls patiently listened to story-after-story as I shared experiences we have had serving downtown.  Their hearts were moved!  This small group of girls made blankets for the homeless last year, and last night, I left with SEVEN blankets to distribute downtown!  Praise God!  Thanks you Stars for sprinting off the starting line for this project!  Yeah!

All of the girls suggested items of their own that they could part with for others.  I realized, again, that children lead us in their faith!  Why is it this way?  Why are they so willing?

At the end of our night, God granted the opportunity to pray with several girls individually.  Some of these girls carry so much pain at such a young age.  Tears were falling from their eyes as they spoke of broken homes, sibling's lives destroyed by drugs,  father's incarcerated for crimes, and deaths of loved ones.  I was thankful there would be no more tears in heaven. 

I praise God for these young hearts who are seeking Jesus.  I pray they will understand the reality of God's power and love for them - even in tragic circumstances.

Thank you, Stars, for the blankets you freely gave to cover others with the love of Christ.

It's just starting, there's still time to get involved with the 2nd Annual Blankets for the Homeless Round Up. 

“And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ,” 
Philippians 1:9-10

Adoption Update - Nothing new.  No news.
Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

1 comment:

Montgomery said...

Hey I was just wondering are you talking about stars from my church the girls age 3-5th or stars the group of homeless people i was just wondering :)