Sunday, September 5, 2010

Labor Day River Camp Out

Our Sunday was full of the richness of God's love. Our day began with our morning of a labor or love for Water Angels. After washing off the paint, we were blessed to be at the Water Angels service. During the service we shared about the O'Learys feeding 550+ orphans in Ghana while they were there. After everyone clapped they were told that many, many children were turned away because there was not enough food for them. A solemn reality hit. (We later learned that none of the children ate the food as it was given to them, but they took it home to share with their families.)

At the end of the service, a man gave me $5 to give to Sydney to feed the orphans. It reminded me of the woman who gave all she had to Jesus. As John handed me the money, he said, "God wanted me to give this to you so more orphans could be fed."

Richard also blessed our family at the worship service. He is a grown man who stands about 3 feet tall. He told the boys over and over how much he loved them coming and playing music. He gave each of the boys a silver coin telling them how much Jesus loves them. He blessed us all with words of encouragement. Words of affirmation are a wonderful gift. Thank you, Richard!

After the service, we headed out to Mom and Dad's for a Labor Day family camp out. Our day ended with the love of family! Here are a few pics from Sunday night -
Mathiang with his Maryville Mom!  My sis loves him well!
Too many captains of the kick ball game!  Crazy cousin time!
Eli and Franklin coming in for a rest!
David and Heather are ready for the camp-out.  I'm thankful David finally figured out the tent.  Hee-hee!
What a wonderful day of rest!

But I have stilled and quieted my soul; like a weaned child with its mother, like a weaned child is my soul within me.
Psalm 131:2



Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates
Posted by Picasa

No comments: