Monday, May 24, 2010

I Need a Bumper Sticker or Two

After receiving the following e-mail from Mathiang, I've decided I need a bumper sticker for the back of my van. It would read, "My son is an Honor Student at Maryville College." Mathiang is doing fabulous. Here's his update on this semester:

Dear All,

How is everyone doing? Hope that all is well with you. I just want to let you know that I have finally got my grades for spring semester and it looks like I did better than last semester. I made three lower As and one A ( that bring up my overall GPA to 3.6). I would like to take this moment to thank you for your prayers and continues support that you constantly portrayed. What had happened the previous semester and this semester is an answer to prayers. Thank you once more and God bless you.

Mathiang

Ummm...in my book, a low A and a high A are still As. He made straight As this semester! We're so proud of him!  Who would have imagined one of the Lost Boys of Sudan on the DEAN'S LIST?  Wow!

As for the other boys, we are proud of them as well. Great progress in school this year. Encouraging testing results arriving in the mail to spur us on to continue home schooling. Wonderful spiritual growth as well. What a joy to be with them as they learn!

Mason is competing in a global competition this weekend. His team placed first at regionals and at state. We are anxious to see how they will do stacked up against teams from around the world. There are over 10,000 students competing in the Destination Imagination Event. We'll keep you posted!

God is so gracious and we are blessed with an amazing family in so many ways! However, still...

I have no greater joy than this, to hear of my children walking in the truth. - 3 John 1:4
Blogger Templates


Blogger Templates
PS - Mathiang is modeling the adoption t-shirt in the photo above.  Doesn't he look handsome?

1 comment:

Beck, Helen and Will's Mom said...

Hi Robin~
It was good to see you today at Wendy's! I'd like to purchase a child's small t-shirt (6-8) for my daughter. We are collecting quite a few adoption fund-raising t-shirts and she doesn't have one yet! If you have one available, just give it to Wendy next time you see her and I will make sure that you get the $! Let me know if that size isn't available, and I'll pick another lucky family member to get one of your shirts! :) I enjoy reading your blog and how God is moving in the life of your family!
Blessings,
Andi