Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Friends Are A Blessing

Our plans have changed for this week due to a death in our family. I've been severely struggling over this Yard Sale. How can I leave? How can we change everything? How can we do it all? How can all of this work? Struggling with emotions of guilt. With moments of crying off-and-on in between...not just Scotty, but many emotions on my heart. God is showing me, it is not up to me.

Guess what? The YARD SALE IS ON! Friends are willing to give their time and energy to still make it happen. Can you believe it? Thank you! I'm blown away by the generosity of others!

My friend, Paige is hosting it at her house. She was out of town for a funeral yesterday, and home today. Paige said, "Robin, I'm not doing this for you. I'm doing this for the orphans!" Wow! Really? I love your heart! Kristie, who has also had someone dear to her pass away this week, is willing to help with the Yard Sale...even though she has company coming in town, a basketball tournament to oversee, and many other things going on! I'm amazed that god would give me a friend like this! Janet e-mailed that she's willing to help. She is always willing to help me! Tammy, Tracie, Christy, Emile, and others volunteered to help Paige while we are gone. I am so grateful! The body of Christ is beautiful.

I'm not sure why it is so difficult for me to be a receiver. I'm so much more comfortable giving than receiving. The Lord is tearing down my pride. Thank you!

God continues to amaze me through His provision. He does provide - ALWAYS! I pray I will always be the kind of friend who is willing to step in to help when circumstances like this arrive. Lord, help me to always be mindful of others.

Thank you, friends, for giving a piece of your life to help us. Thank you for using part of your "Dash" to help bring this child home from Africa and giving the gift of yourselves.

A gift opens the way for the giver
and ushers him into the presence of the great.
Proverbs 18:16

If anyone would like to help, we will be setting up Thursday with the sale this Friday 8 - 3 and Saturday 7 - 2. The address is 12339 Butternut Circle. Today I find myself blessed by the generous giving of friends. Words are inadequate to truly say thank you!

No comments: