Friday, May 28, 2010

Birthday Celebration with Family

After a full day of celebrating my birthday, it was finally time to open my gifts from my family.  Hooray!  Anticipation had filled me all day long.
Over the years, Reid and I have done less and less materially on birthdays, but tried to make them special for each other through creative ways.  This year, Reid surprised me with my BIRTHDAY BLOG full of well wishes from friends and family.  (Sorry, after reading it, I felt the notes were too personal to share a link.  They were written for my eyes and for my heart.  So, thanks for understanding.)  The blog meant so much to me because it provided needed encouragement.
This year, Reid did have one small gift for me though.  It was a candle.  He said he bought it because "I share the light of Jesus with others."  Very sweet!
I love handwritten notes and cards.  Braden gave me a note that read, "I love my Mom.  Happy Birthday!"  Adorable!
The artist, Franklin, gave me a picture he's been working on for months.  It was a beautiful color by number.  He granted me the gift of his finished masterpiece!Weston is not to be outdone by his older brother.  He's also been working on a color by number.  He handed it to me with a big smile!  I love it, and will frame it when it is completely done.  You bless my life!
Still the love of my life - my honey and his 41 year old wife!  Oh my!
Mason was not with us for the family celebration because of his DI Competition downtown.  One of my birthday memories will always be seeing him perform with his team.  They ROCKED! 

Happy Birthday to Me, Happy Birthday to Me, Happy Birthday to Me-e, Happy Birthday to Me!

They say that age is all in your mind. The trick is keeping it from creeping down into your body. ~Author Unknown
Blogger Templates


Blogger Templates

No comments: