Thursday, May 27, 2010

Birthday-Eve

Yesterday, I enjoyed my birthday-eve.  It started with the Bible Study at Water Angels.  Stephanie is away on vacation, so I was privileged to lead three different Bible Studies at the ministry this week.  Oh, it was amazing!  There were around 21-24 homeless men and women at the morning studies.  Reading straight from God's Word and discussing it yields so much fruit.  The wisdom and discernment from these friends astounds me.  I have left challenged every morning!

The Undivided Devotion study held 17 women on Tuesday night.  Most of these women have been or are currently prostitutes.  Their heart's desire is to follow Christ and get off the streets.  After the Tuesday morning lesson, I felt led to share the same talk I previously gave at our FBCK Women's Retreat - "Step Away...From Sin."  Oh, it was powerful!  Tears...repentance...joy!  The study ended when Summerlee, who is a homeless girl but a very gifted writer, shared a prayer she had written.  Everyone was touched by her words!  We prayed on our knees seeking God's abundant forgiveness for our actions and our inaction.  It was BEAUTIFUL!  One woman, Samantha, surrendered her life to Christ and many women prayed aloud from their hurting hearts.  God's Spirit was evident!

After the morning Bible Study yesterday, I headed to a birthday celebration with my two sisters and my mom.  We enjoyed a delicious meal together celebrating the birthdays of Wendy and myself.  I love my personalized gifts - a monogrammed pool bag, monogram key chain, and monogrammed water bottle!  Mom even gave me some birthday money to treat myself.  After lunch, Mom splurged for us to have pedicures and manicures.  What a TREAT for me!  (The guy doing my pedicure asked if he could have a different client because my feet were so rough!  Sorry buddy, but pedicures are only once a year or less for me.  I'm a busy Mama!)  It was a great start to my birthday tomorrow.  Thank you for loving me so well!

Where were the boys during all of my commitments at Water Angels and the birthday lunch?  On Tuesday, they were playing games at the Kuhn Field Day.  Wendy hosted 23 kids for the morning to have a Field Day of sorts filled with exciting competitions.  Tuesday afternoon, Mathiang came to the house and stayed with them until Reid arrived home to grill out.   On Wednesday, the boys were with the Brownings.  Janet treated them to homemade pancakes and an afternoon playing in the fountains at World's Fair Park.   When I arrived to pick them up, they were all smiles!  Thank you Wendy and Janet for helping watch the boys during this busy week!

Last night Braden asked to play "Apples to Apples."  He asked me if I wanted him to be on my team (usually he only wants to be with Dad.) 

I responded that I would LOVE to be his partner.

To which he replied, "It can be an early birthday present!"

Thank you Braden!  What a start to my birthday!  Thank you all for cheerfully giving to me - it is evidence of God's love.

Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.                              -2 Corinthians 9:7
Blogger Templates


Blogger Templates

No comments: