Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Three Nations - One Family


Originally written Thursday, January 28, 2010

Reid and I have made the decision to pursue adoption from Ghana, Africa. The Lord began moving our hearts toward adoption over a year ago. We have been seeking God and praying, and it's with much fear and trembling that we are taking this step of faith. Yet, we KNOW this is God's desire from us, and we know the child is to come from Ghana. We have both been to Ghana on mission trips. Reid - twice, I - once. On Sunday, I had this overwhelming feeling that there is a little girl over there that is supposed to join our family. We step forward in faith, trusting God's plan. Please PRAY!

We spent Sunday afternoon (1-24-10) with Mathiang, and his friend from China, Yilong. I realized that, because of Mathiang in our life, our little family will consist of people from three nations. That is ONLY GOD!?! What a beautiful picture of HIM! I've been studying 1 Corinthians Chapter One. It's amazing how "God uses the foolish things of the world to shame the wise." I know this will seem foolish to many. Through our time with Omar and Lamar, we've realized that children simply need someone to love them, and not all of the trappings of this world. God continues to grow our family and press us on!

Yesterday, I shared with my Dad how God was stirring in our hearts. Expecting to hear all the reasons not to adopt from a foreign country or reasons not to adopt - period, I braced myself for what Dad was about to say. He looked me in the eye and said, "If it's something God is telling you to do Robin, you DO IT." We say, "Yes, Lord! Yes, Lord!"

All four boys are extremely excited. They are ecstatic that we are bringing a little one into our lives. Mathiang sent his smile through the phone line. Our families are excited about another child. (I feel like we've announced we are pregnant again!) It's been so encouraging!

Friends, we humbly ask for your prayer as we begin this journey.

And they sang a new song, saying, "Worthy are You to take the book and to break its seals; for You were slain, and purchased for God with Your blood men from every tribe and tongue and people and nation."
-Revelation 5:9

No comments: