Sunday, April 1, 2007

I Need a Cheerleader

Yesterday, I watched Mason and Franklin play their baseball "season opener."

My favorite part of the game was when Franklin was pitching and Mason was catching. It was so fun to watch them throw to each other in a REAL game!!

I was cheering for both of them, "Way to go, Franklin! Great play, Mason! Great pitch, Franklin, keep it up!! Quick moving, Mason - You're doing great!!"

Well, this morning I asked Franklin if he enjoyed hearing Reid and me cheering for him. Did he like to hear me yell, "Way to go, Franklin??" or did it really embarrass him?

He said that he really liked to hear me yell even though I am really loud. (I'm not surprised by that comment.)

Trying to go a little deeper I said, "Wouldn't it be great if we could all have a cheerleader cheering for us our whole life? Someone to cheer us on and say 'Go, Robin - You can do it!"

Franklin looked directly at me and very seriously said, "Then you should have a GIRL!"

Oh, the joy of boys!

No comments: