Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Washington D.C.

The boys and I went to Washington D.C. for Spring Break. We stayed with our friends, the Griffins, and truly enjoyed our time with them. They were wonderful hosts and took time "off" from work to show us the sights.



The first day we arrived in Washington D.C., Lisa took time to explain how to "cross the street" in the Big City! She was rather passionalte about it, too! Ha!

The kids were amazed and impressed to be able to stand this close to the White House. It was really amazing to think about all that takes place in our capital city. Probably the boys favorite tourist attraction that we visited was the new SPY MUSEUM. They loved all of the interactive objects, and getting to see all of the SPY GEAR! Very COOL and educational! It was rather obvious that we were "small town folks" in the "big city." One of the highlights of the trip was getting to "ride the Subway." The Subway attendants thought we were crazy for wanting to ride. After the ride, we realized why. It was a VERY SHORT WALK when we walked back to the car! We were obviously tourists!

Riding the Subway was obviously NOT one of My favorites - Ha!

These three pictures stirred my soul. The Vietnam Memorial was one I had never seen. The boys really began to grasp the price that has been paid for our freedom. My grandfather and a cousin fighting currently are both examples of men who have sacrificed for our country.

This picture of Franklin was a little "eery" to me when I looked at it. Just under his reflection is someone named "Franklin E Anderson." It represented "One who had gone before," and as I saw Franklin's face, it made me wonder...did this photo also respresent "One who would choose or be called to fight." It was a stirring moment for me as a mother.














The only picture (I think) of the boys and me. Taken on the Lincoln Memorial side of the National Park - What a great day!

A blustery day in DC - Everyone enjoying being together!
The kids imitate the monkey at the Smithonian's incredible display of photographs!
Franklin and Morgan find a shared talent - it's only okay for a picture!







It was great being with such a precious friend! You can't help but laugh and enjoy your time with the Griffin family!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a good time. Amy