Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Better Days are Comin'

Today was my first day off any pain medication - not even ibuprofen!  Yeah-Rah!

As my feet hit the floor this morning, I felt physically better than I have since surgery.  Breakfast began the day with waffles and sausage - I felt like cooking!  Two heartfelt phone calls reminded me - yes, I am loved.  By our amazing God and also by some very special people.  Several e-mails I read today brought a smile to my face.  (I've been away from e-mail for a while - I think I avoid it when I feel overwhelmed.)  My pro-planner friend, Janet, helped me over the hump to actually believe - yes, I can homeschool this year.  What does Philippians 4:13 say?  No, I will not be as organized as Janet, but that's okay.  Mason sang me a song he's been writing - the depth of his words spoke volumes.  The cry of orphans set to a rich, sad guitar strum.  Mason's song made me feel it.  Braden gave me his "Dirt Buddy."  It was a craft he made in Bible School last week, and he named it after his brother in Africa.   (The craft is like a Chia-Pet, and will grow grass hair that we will cut in two weeks.)  After looking for over a week, today I found some money I thought had been lost.  And, drum-roll please, Reid finished the first capstone on the retaining wall and began mortaring the stone.  After a few tears this morning that came from no where, it's turned out to be a wonderful day.   Thank you all for praying for me.  Today I felt your prayers.  I have felt the presence of the  Lord.

Adoption Update - One more notarization and our dossier is ready to be mailed.  Our fingerprinting appointment is in less than two weeks.

It's been awkward writing about our son in Ghana without divulging his name.  (For his protection and ours, it's not wise to use it on the Internet.)  We are planning to keep his name and also give him a family name reflective of our other boys...all family names that are 2 syllables and end with "n."  We have one, but...well, you're going to have to keep checking back.  How's that for dangling a carrot?

I've been pondering a name to use on this blog instead of continually referring to him as our child in Africa, our son in Africa, our child in Ghana, or our son in Ghana.  Quite repetitive.  One friend suggested calling him "Precious" but I kept thinking of the Lord of the Rings movie.  Not a fit. 

After praying, God's given us a name to use on this blog.  It's a word He has brought to mind numerous times regarding our waiting child.  As I've prayed for him wondering about his past, present, and future, the Lord has continued to bring the word Overcomer.  In my heart, I truly believe he will be!  Therefore when I write about him, I'll be calling him Overcomer on this blog.   You can even pray for him by that name.  God knows who he is!  I found these verses and believe they fit Overcomer.

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true."

He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son.  
Revelation 21:1-7

Did you read the last line?  He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son.  Oh, yes sweet child, we are praying for you.  May little Overcomer be a great friend of God. 


Blogger Templates 
Blogger Templates

1 comment:

Kristy said...

So glad you are feeling better! :) Overcomer...how very appropriate! We will indeed pray for him by this name.