Friday, May 11, 2007

It's the little things


Don't you just love it when you start a tradition and you don't even realize it has become a tradition?

Every time we paint a room, Reid always paints something on the wall once we finish the trim. (We do the trim...then roll the middle.) Sometimes, it is "Reid loves Robin," once it was "Daddy loves Mommy," etc...

This morning when I walked into the kitchen Reid had left me a message on the wall we are painting. What a wonderful, sweet surprise to read "I love you."
My response in "white" greeted him when he arrived home this afternoon.
I have grinned all day. It's the little things in life that make me happy! Thanks Reid!

2 comments:

A Team said...

He has to paint what he is going to tell you because he can't talk!! It's probably what Zachariah did when he couldn't talk to Elizabeth all those months- haha. JUST KIDDING! I was so surprised today to hear him talk. I could understand him so much better! I am so glad for you and the boys that his mouth is opening a little wider.

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day! Thought about Colby and Gray alot. Rose got married yesterday. I will try to post a photo on my blog....well, what is supposed to be my blog! Amy