Monday, October 4, 2010

For Potential DADS to Orphans

I can not tell you how many conversations I have had recently with women who are ready to adopt, but their husbands are far from the idea.  My own husband, Reid, never wavered.  (His faith covers my own at times.)  God made it clear to both of us to adopt and also when to begin the process.

Because I've seen God's power transform the hearts of three men who would have never considered adoption, to now pursuing children without a family - I know the Lord is speaking to men.  However, through this blog, it would not be prudent for me to speak to them.  Don't take it from me. 

Rather, it would be more powerful coming from another man.  A man with the same fears, concerns, and questions.  A man who has wrestled through the same battle of will.  A man who took the time to write his thoughts for other men to read.

Men, take the time to read this letter from one Dad to another.

But you, O God, do see trouble and grief;
you consider it to take it in hand.
The victim commits himself to you;
you are the helper of the fatherless.
Psalm 10:14


Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

No comments: