Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Empty Mailboxes...

Finding time seems difficult these days.  Intentionally, I cleared our calendar for the summer so we could enjoy some family time, and make some special memories with the boys.  Keeping up with four boys, shopping for groceries, providing clean clothes and a somewhat clean house, managing commitments, and compiling everything for the adoption process has still kept me very busy...even with a calendar that is less full than normal. 

One item on my "To Do" list continues to nag me.  Writing Thank You notes.  I have so many people to thank for all they have done for this adoption.  My heart swells with gratitude.  However, I am so far behind in my expression of thanks.  Mailboxes remain empty.  I sincerely desire to write notes that are sincere, but mere words seem inadequate to express my emotion.  How can I say what is on my heart? 

Yesterday I opened an envelope with another unexpected very generous gift to help us with this adoption.  Thank you!  It came the day before I needed to mail the next $1,000, and helped provide some of the needed amount.  What's amazing is that this a family who struggles like we do with making ends meet.  They live on a school teacher's salary, and provide for three children.  We received another gift recently from a missionary couple that also has little to give.  An engaged couple bought two t-shirts, then added more money as a gift to help us and another family.  WOW!  Generosity - especially from those where it is a sacrifice to give - has been astounding.  Thank you! 

Our budget came up short recently.  We follow the Dave Ramsey "envelope system" - no debt, and each spending area is allocated a percentage of the take-home pay.  On Day 7 of our 14 week cycle, our grocery envelope was empty.  Along with our gas envelope.  I began "borrowing" from other areas to provide food and gas for the week.  Two necessary items for a family.  (Rest assured, all of the adoption money remains in a separate account and has not/will not be touched.) 

Concerning thoughts began plaguing me, "Are we crazy to be adding to our family when we are already struggling now?  How will this work?  Will God really provide what we need?  How can I be sure???" 

And that's where my faith must come in.  FAITH.  How little I seem to have. 

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."  Hebrews 11:1

Ashamedly, I admit that I sometimes find myself remaining doubtful of what I can not see.  In God's grace, he continues to send encouragement and assure me of HIS promises when we seem to need it most.  Isn't that just like God? 

Every time I post on this blog, my eyes cast to the right column and look at the number of people who have helped us with this journey.  Over 350+ people are on the list!  Seriously!  What a testimony to God!  It's incredible to realize that each person listed has had a part to play in bringing this child home.  If your name is there, YOU have helped this to become a reality.  Help for us will not come from Reid's company for there are not adoption provisions as a benefit.  Financial help could come from grants, as I hope to be applying for some of those this week.  But God is providing through HIS PEOPLE.  People who love HIM, and have reflected their love of Jesus through helping bring an orphan into a forever family.  This is the BODY of Christ.  Hands, feet, hearts...  THANK YOU!

Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.  1 Corinthians 12:27

Where are we in the process?  Our home study should be completed today or tomorrow.  Yes, really!  It is with the agency Director for final approval.  As soon as it's done, we will begin the I-600A - then the Dossier.  We are praying about something else, and would appreciate your prayers for us as well.  Pray we will know God's will, and be in the center of it!  More information forthcoming so keep checking in!

Thank you for your prayers covering us on this journey of faith.  We are so grateful for the friends and family God has placed in our lives.

I can no other answer make, but, thanks, and thanks. ~William Shakespeare

Blogger Templates 
Blogger Templates

One more prayer request:  Please pray for our friend Amanda.  She is leaving tomorrow to work in an orphanage in Kenya for 18 months.

No comments: