Thursday, July 25, 2013

My Summer in Africa

     Guest Blogger:  Zach Tate, age 14 yrs.

      Although some people were worried about me spending the summer in Africa by myself I have had a great time and will have memories I will never forget. One of my favorite places to go over this summer was Nyame Dua, an orphanage, to play soccer with the kids. One of my cousins and I would spend the weekend after we showed the Bible on Thursday night. I had a great time just playing with the kids and the kids were very excited because not many people volunteer there. 

I also had the chance to take the older kids from Nyame Dua to see Despicable Me 2 in the theater at the Accra Mall with some money my pastor gave me before I left. One amazing thing about that day was that only one out of the six kids we took had ever been to the mall and none of them had ever been to see a movie even though the mall was only about thirty minutes from where they lived. That day we just had a great time hanging out and walking around the mall with the older kids. 




I also saw God when we helped with the construction of the Doran Medical Center this week. We helped a team that came from New York and the staff at MLI to build many of the walls for the medical center.










And even though my cousins were doing school for most of the summer I would come back in an instant because I saw God in many places and many things this summer and I will go back to America changed.


Let no one look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in your speech, conduct, love, faithfulness, and purity.  1 Timothy 4:12

No comments: