Saturday, March 5, 2011

Finally a Family of SEVEN

World, we’d like to introduce our son, Godwin Derrick!  He's been known as Overcomer on this blog.  We praise God because he is now with his for ever family!

We are finally all together, as a family of seven.  Isn’t he precious? As I took this last picture of him with Mason, he was beginning to smile. It’s the JOY I’ve been longing to see.  He’s been laughing, giggling, and completely warmed up to the boys now…but the pictures will have to wait until tomorrow because the battery on the camera died as soon as I snapped the one I have of him smiling.

When we finally came together today, it was a surreal moment. I felt like I was watching it happen to someone else. My emotions were there, but I kept them at bay. Godwin Derrick was very shy at first. His apprehension was in his face. Reid held him. I held him. The boys held him. We were all swelling with joy because we were all together.

Surprisingly, my eyes were more dry than I expected when we came together. I thought I would shed tears of joy.

After Miriam and Percy left, we came upstairs to our room. I leaned down to Godwin Derrick and said, “Can I have a hug?”

Godwin Derrick wrapped his arms around me and said in his tiny voice, “I love you.” Then he held on. Held on. Held on. My tears flowed freely and I began to cry like a baby. All of the sobbing I’d expected surged upon me. Emotions hit me like a tidal wave. Yes, he is ours now. Our son. Our child we have prayed for, longed for, waited for. He is ours. It’s a gift from God! We are a united family now. We will never have to say “goodbye” again. God is so good!

As I’m typing this, I just tucked in Godwin Derrick. Kissing him over and over on the forehead. God love you. Jesus loves you. Mommy love you. Daddy loves you. You are loved...

Yes, he is ours now. Our son. Our child we have prayed for, longed for, waited for. He is ours. It’s a gift from God! We are a united family now. We will never have to say “goodbye” again.

Thank you so much for your prayers. The bonding between all of the boys has been incredible. Thank you for praying! My battery died on my camera after the last picture I took of him where he was finally smiling. He's been all smiles since and more pictures will come tomorrow. I think God wanted me to lay the camera down and enjoy him. I have. The joy we've longed to see is finally shining in his eyes! Oh, it does my heart good so see him smile! Watching him interact with his brothers is a dream come true!

We have an early start tomorrow. We will spend the day at CKO children's home beginning our day at the Sunday morning worship service. We plan to spend most of the day there. Mason is taking his soccer balls an guitar. We are taking a craft hoping the kids might enjoy it. (Debbie and Kristie, you will recognize this craft from Club 180!) Please pray for our hearts on Tuesday. We are planning to go to the village where Godwin Derrick's grandmother lives. He was abandoned to her as a newborn, then brought to the orphanage when he was only a few months old. He father is deceased. I know our hearts will be absorbing a lot on Tuesday, so your prayers are appreciated.


Godwin Derrick is beautiful. His health seems much better. Once we were alone with him, we saw him come to life! He's been laughing, giggling, and talking with all of us. He's attempting the boys names, but Franklin keeps sounding like, "Lanklin..." He's telling all of us, "Ga bess you!" (God bless you!) Finally, when Mason brought his guitar out of the bag, Godwin Derrick's little fingers were all over it. He's been jumping around our room singing! I love it!

The Lord has been good to us, and great is His name to be praised! To God be the glory! Great things He has done!








PS – Franklin waved to a taxi driver. The driver thought we needed a taxi and pulled over. It took some convincing on my part to assure him we did not need a taxi. 
PSS – My hair is frizz central b/c the temperature here is 90 degrees!
PSSS -  The rhythm Godwin Derrick's is the most beautiful lullaby beckoning me to bed.  Good night world.   From Ghana.  Sweet Dreams to all.  We will all be sleeping peacefully here.

3 comments:

Nik said...

Praise God. He is beautiful. And he is all yours!

Kendra said...

Soooo happy to see you together, Robin! He is absolutely precious and beautiful! Enjoy every single second while you're there--it goes soo fast. Don't think you have enough pictures though. It may seem like enough, but you'll get home and wish you had more. ;0) Can't wait to hear more. Kiss some kiddos for me! Hugs to you and ALL your boys sweet friend!

Susan said...

YAY!!!!!!! A woo hoo hoo:) So glad you are finally together. Praying for you.