Friday, January 15, 2010

Long Hiatus



Dear Friends,

I'd like for my long hiatus from blogging to be over. However, I know my time to write online is difficult to find with the daily schedule I keep. Perhaps you will see me blogging again in the near future...perhaps not. Time will tell.

Today, I'm overwhelmed by God's blessings. He continually pours them out, doesn't he?

I'll post a photo tonight. Remembering my password took too long for me to spend much more time on the computer! (I can't believe it's been over 18 months since I've posted!) I recently read the posts, and remembered how enjoyable it is to record our family memories through writing! Pray I'll have time to pursue it!

This picture was taken on Christmas Eve. We attended my parents church, and our family provided part of the Christmas Eve service. Mason sang "What Child is This?" while playing his guitar. It was beautiful, and blessed this mother's heart. It is wonderful to hear him use his musical gifting to honor God. Mason even chose to wear a tie for this. It is the first time he has ever done so, and his attire reveals that he's quickly becoming a young man.
After Mason's song, Mathiang then shared an African hymn in his native Denka language. Everyone in the congregation was blessed. The minister of my parent's church surprised us all by taking up a special offering for Mathiang. Over $350 was collected to help him with his costs while attending Maryville College. With this money, and some he received for Christmas and his birthday, Mathiang will be able to avoid applying for a student loan for one more month. God is providing for his needs in miraculous ways!
There's more news to share on the homefront. I'll update you as I'm able!




2 comments:

K. Messerly said...

Yea! You're back! I was so surprised to see your blog pop up to the top of my list. I'd almost given up---glad I didn't. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

I don't know whether to give praises to God to hear from you, OR to praise God that those pictures of you at Halloween are getting pushed farther down the blog. :) We need to catch up, friend!