Monday, November 26, 2012

Top Ten Positive Changes Since Moving to Ghana


Top Ten Positive Changes Since Moving to Ghana

10.)  I wear skirts almost every day and enjoy dressing with a feminine flair.

9.)  Our family entertainment is virtually always free = playing family games, going to the beach, hiking the nearby mountains, driving a few hours in the car together to run one errand...  We enjoy our family time together more than we ever have.

8.)  Upon meeting new people, I focus on the ways we are similar more than the ways we are different.  Before moving here, I easily became caught up in the differences between myself and others.  Now, my focus is on the similarities.

7.)  The daily pace of life is typically slower so there is more time for conversations, walking to the nearby stores when we need something, and watching sunsets.  No television access has been blissful.  The peace and quiet in our home was uncomfortable at first, but now is relaxing.

6.)  The food we eat is much fresher and healthier.  Reid and I have both lost a lot of weight since our arrival, but we feel better than ever.  

5.)  I’m grateful for the little things I used to take for granted.  Electricity, water, food, health, the ability to read, shelter, a bed, my own Bible...  I will never look at these things in the same way.

4.)  I don’t worry about money and we are holding onto earthly things very loosely.  God grows our faith daily in this area.

3.)  I had a very difficult time coming up with anything I “wanted” for Christmas, because I couldn’t think of a single thing we needed.  

2.)  I’m appreciating qualities in each person in my family that I’ve never noticed before.   My husband and each of our sons all are uniquely gifted for God’s purpose for their lives.  I have found great freedom in living “outside of the box” as a family.  I'm thankful God has created each of us differently.

1.)  I crave time with the Lord, and it is constant.  My relationship with Jesus is deeper than ever before, because I am more dependent on Him than ever before.  Daily, I fall more deeply in love with my Savior.  

I am confident of this, that the one who began a good work among you will bring it to completion by the day of Jesus Christ.
Philippians 1:6

No comments: