Thursday, May 1, 2008

My Own History Report

This morning the boys are writing a report for History about a famous American. Therefore, I thought I would write my own History report. However, mine simply entails some history from the past three days. A simple BLOG about the history of BLESSINGS in my life over the past three days!

Monday - On Monday morning, I awoke early. It was about 6:15 am. Normally, Reid always kisses me goodbye when he leaves for work, and many mornings it is this time or earlier. But, this morning it was different.

Our window was open, and I heard voices outside. Even in my groggy state, I could recognize the voices as those of my husband and my oldest son. I leaped out of bed and ran to the window to see what they were doing so early in the morning!?!

I gazed out the window to find my precious husband, Reid, holding an umbrella over Mason, and opening the passenger side door for him. I watched Reid unlock the door, hold the umbrella over Mason, and then walk around to his side of the car. Reid then hopped into the Nissan himself and started the engine. It was 6:15 am and my husband was taking Mason on a "Father-Son Special Breakfast." I felt like I was married to the most incredible man in the universe!

The night before, Mason had pulled Reid aside, and told him he had some "questions" about some of the things they talked about from their trip this summer. Reid had taken Mason on a trip to Baltimore this summer to share with him about "growing up." As Mason is entering into adolescence, Reid wanted to be the first to talk with him about many of the changes that will be occurring, and the life choices that are just around the corner.

Both Reid and I wondered if, perhaps, it was too early...maybe Mason was too young. However, now I feel confident it was God's perfect timing. How beautiful is it that Mason is coming to his father for the answers to his questions! Mason is able to approach Reid without embarrassment or fear. For that, I am grateful! What an incredible picture of what a relationship should look like between a father and son! I am married to the most incredible man in the universe!

Reid and Mason returned home from their breakfast together. Both were all smiles. :-) Reid came home to drop off Mason - and to kiss me goodbye! Smoochie, Smoochie! I am so blessed!

Tuesday - On Tuesday, we were extremely busy. It was the last day of our Co-Op. This year I have taught three classes there. I felt so blessed by the children. I received so many notes telling me how much they loved me...how thankful they were that I was their teacher...how much they enjoyed the classes...and more hugs than a person should be allowed in one day! I felt so loved.

I think I have recognized that teaching is one of the ways God has gifted me. I enjoy it. The children enjoy it. It is a blessing.

I am thankful for the joy of teaching these adorable and precious children!

Wednesday - Last night was the last night of our April Bible Study. Debbye has been walking us through the passage in Titus 2. We have been challenged as women in our roles as wives, mothers, and mentors. Each evening I have left with some "nuggets" (nuggets of gold; not chicken nuggets!) of wisdom from this biblical teacher. Debbye has done a wonderful job of expounding the scriptures and connecting them into our daily lives. Challenging - Convicting - Encouraging!

Last night's topic was mentoring. After some of the teaching time, we broke into a small group for discussion. One of the questions posed to our group was this:

"When has someone been God with skin and bones to you? Share the impact this person has had on your life."

I was blown away to hear two of the four women in the group say...me. Me? Unexpected. Unworthy. Yes, me.

As the tears rolled down my cheeks to hear them speak such a high compliment, I was swept over to realize that Almighty God, in His infinite mercy, had chosen to allow this broken woman to be His vessel of grace. Me? Me. I was undone. For these times that had ministered to these women, it was not my own strength that ministered, but Christ's Alone.

As I was listening to these two women share, I realized two things.

1.) The times they spoke of were times that God had called me to reflect back on places of great pain in my own life. He called me to remember his mercy and the lessons I had learned while enduring great trails and difficulties. The Lord had me share what I had placed on His altar as I surrendered more and more of my life to Him. Thank you, Lord.

2.) As I listened to them, I recalled the words to the song Mason wrote after Ansley died. The chorus says, "I want to thank you...for being Christ to me...for being Christ to me..." Wouldn't we all wish that to be the impact we have on another life?? After Mason wrote his song, I had often wondered...would anyone ever say that about me?

The words from the women last night ministered to my heart in a significant way. God allowed me to hear of two times when I had reflected Jesus to others. God chose to allow me to be "the hands and feet of Jesus" by being Christ to someone else. I am humbled. I am honored.

Ongoing Over the Past Week-

1.) Some friends of mine have been traveling down a road of surrendering. It took a crisis situation to buckle their knees and cause them to cling to the cross. It has been amazing to see God's Hand moving in their hearts. In a situation where blame and accusations could fly, their peace, assurance, and strength have been found in Christ Alone. I'm excited to see how God will use this difficult circumstance in the life of my friend, her husband, and their children.

2.) Mason has decided to write a book. Actually, his hope is to complete a novel. He is working on it nearly every day. Mason jumps out of bed and begins typing on the computer. He is now on his second chapter. As I said about the song he wrote for Ansley, if I do say so myself, this book is quite good. Currently, he has typed over 10 pages single-spaced. Of course, there are a few grammatical errors, but the content is amazing for someone his age.

I read his words, and I see him pouring out his heart onto paper. At eleven years of age, he wants to write a book with a message about the hope we have in Christ. Oh, the lessons he has learned in his short life. Oh, the truths that are already engraved on his heart!

I don't want to expose too much, but I am hoping he will post the first chapter on his BLOG to entice others to want to read it. Mason wants to title the book, The Purpose. I hope you will be blessed to read it one day. He is really desiring to share some of God's promises with others.

This concludes my History report of the past three days of blessings. God is so good!

"This is the day the Lord has made,
Let us rejoice and be glad in it."
Psalm 118:24

2 comments:

2 China 4 Addison said...

LOVE the new picture at the top of your blog!
And great job on your history report. How amazing to be able to hear of the impact you are having on those around you. Not everyone gets that gift. What an encouragement for you!!
Hope the rest of your week is just as good. I am heading to IN for a retreat with my China team!! Can't wait.
Love ya.
B.

Under the Raisner Roof... said...

Beautiful! Amy