Tuesday, August 20, 2013

My New Comfort Zone

Guest Blogger:  Franklin Beebe, age 15 yrs.


Living in Ghana caused me to mature quickly.  Living here, many times we lack comforts and conveniences that used to be part of my everyday life in America.   I am so thankful to God for that!  I have seen God work in so many uncountable ways in me. He has shown me how to rely on Him when I am in need.  I am so much closer to my Father and I can feel Him working all around me.


When we first began our African journey, I didn’t want to come. I didn’t want to leave everything I knew, and all my friends and family. I didn’t want to go out of my comfort zone to help others. Honestly, I was self-centered on my own wants and desires. 


I look back on those days when I would just pout and be angry with everything around me because I wasn’t going to receive to live life the way I wanted.  I wish now that I had spent that time differently.  Everyone only gets one life, so don’t have a bitter attitude when God, who gives you breath and lets you live on the earth that He created, asks you to do him a small favor here and there.


Some of you may think that us moving to Ghana was huge! I thought it was an enormous task also, but the good Lord has changed my view on quite a few things since I have lived on this side of the ocean.  Now, I see two years as a very small time of my life that I can give to the Lord.  We are praying about what God desires for our family next - is it coming back to the US or is it staying longer? I can’t wait to see what God has planned for me as the next step of my life.


I want to challenge you to get out of your comfort zone and serve God. I promise you will see Him work, it might not be right at that moment, but you plant seeds that will grow! We recently had a mission team come to Ghana from our old church and many of the people on the team said they wanted to get out of their comfort zones while they were in Ghana. So what were they going to do, just be out of there comfort zones while they were here in country and step right back into their comfort zones when they go home? I hope not.  We don’t need to get out of our comfort zones for a few weeks or months to serve somewhere or even just spend a day at a local ministry.  As followers of Jesus we should all be out of our comfort zones 100% of the time to serve all day everyday!

For we walk by faith, not by sight.
2 Corinthians 5:7

No comments: