Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Where Do You Go For Fun?

There are several neighborhood children who hang out at our house a lot.  Kofe, Prince, Jospeh, Nana, and Kate are with us nearly everyday.

Yesterday, we were gone for most of the day.  Within five minutes of coming home, there was a knock at our gate with five pairs of wide eyes peering over the metal bars, hoping for an invitation.  We invited them in and the kids played "capture the flag" for a while.

Soon it started raining.  I used the "down time" opportunity to get to know them better.  I asked about school, what they liked to read, what they enjoyed doing, etc...

One of my questions was, "Where do you go for fun?"

Guess what their answer was?

"Here," they said. 

"Here?  Our house?"

"Yes," they said. 

In my mind, I couldn't believe that our home was the only place they could name where they went to have fun.  Wow!  What a responsibility we have for the community where we live.  I hope God will continue to lead us here.  I pray He will lead in relationships with others.   I pray He will be glorified in our home.  

Please pray alongside us.  We would be grateful.

"You are the light of the world.  A city on a hill can not be hidden."  Matthew 5:14



1 comment:

Janet browning said...

So sweet! I can see you sitting with them right now and engaging with each child making them feel special in only a way you can do. I love what you are doing!