Saturday, December 17, 2011

Thinking of Christmas

Because of our training, we have missed this Christmas season. We have not seen a "live nativity," a church Christmas musical production, or been in the craziness of shopping for the perfect gifts. Of the three, I have only missed the first two! Because of not being out in stores, I feel my heart is truly anticipating the birth of Christ this year. Christmas will be very simple.

I've thought of all the kids in Ghana who might not know any joy this Christmas. Will someone hold them? Love them? I hope we can do these things once we are there.

While some are spending huge amounts of money on gifts that will be forgotten by the first week of January, there are orphans in the world who need to know the love of Jesus this Christmas. For only $20, Feeding the Orphans is providing a Christmas meal and a new piece of clothing for orphans who will not receive a gift this Christmas through any other means. If you want to help a forgotten child this Christmas, contact Feeding the Orphans to see how you can help.

“And Mary said: “My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for the Mighty One has done great things for me— holy is his name.”
Luke 1:46-47, 49       

No comments: