Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Observing the Lunar Eclipse

On Tuesday, August 28th, we woke the boys at 4:45 am to witness an amazing event. A total lunar eclipse! They were so excited to see the moon completely disappear from the sky.

Our friends and neighbors Rhonda, Kaitlin, and Jake joined us for the party in front of the house! Reid was the official photographer and took and incredible set of pics!

It was a great home school lesson as the Moon moved into the umbra of the Earth's shadow. Although as it was happening it was hard to realize what was happening, but the photos below tell the story!

Franklin and Jake are all smiles!
Mason enjoys his cereal at 5:00 am!
Brownie, one of the kittens I blogged about, found the newspaper slot of the mailbox. Franklin pulled her out because she couldn't turn around!
Me - without make-up and not quite awake!
Watching the Show in the Sky!

"When I consider Your Heavens, the work of your fingers,
The moon and the stars, which you have ordained,
What is man that you take thought of him,
And the son of man that You care for him?"
Psalm 8:3,4








Our God is AMAZING! What an incredible witness of His Creation!

1 comment:

A Team said...

That is THE COOLEST... ok, can I tell you that you are HITTING IT OUT OF THE PARK as a home school mom. I want to be like you when I grow up... ok, I want to be like you NOW.

I'm so glad you are my friend